Thursday, January 13, 2011
New Year, Healthier You
This week's cookbook is The G.I. Diet Cookbook by Antony Worrall Thompson
Herbed Trout with Fennel
Trout is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, and is also full of flavor. It needs nothing more than a few salad greens and lemon to accompany it.
4 sprigs of rosemary
4 sprigs of fennel fronds
4 sprigs of parsley
4 sprigs of oregano
2 medium-sized trout, gutted
1 tablespoon olive oil
Ground black pepper
2 small heads fennel, cut in 2 lengthwise
Handful of arugula leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Place the herbs inside the trout and tie with fine string or secure with wooden toothpicks.
3. Arrange the fish in a shallow flameproof roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the fish and season with pepper.
4. Blanch the fennel in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain and place next to the trout. Brown the trout and fennel over medium heat on top of the stove, turning once, then transfer to the oven for about 15 minutes to finish cooking.
5. Serve the trout with the fennel and pour any cooking juices over it, along with some arugula and lemon wedges.
Per portion: 363 cal., 18g fat, 3.3g sat. fat, 0.12 sodium, 4g carbohydrate